Effective Microorganism Activated Solution (EMAS)
Having convinced to try out EM-1 (concentrate), and you want to maximize its potential, considering that EM-1 in the Philippines is still quite pricey. The solution is to EXTEND the EM-1. Extending is the term that we use to describe the multiplication that we do in the present microbes in the concentrate and fermenting it further to maximize its full potential. Basically, we are multiplying the microbes and awakening them because in the concentrate, the microbes are in a sleeping form, now what we do is we awaken them and multiply them through fermentation.
What you need:
- 1 liter capacity plastic container
- 50 ml EM-1 Concentrate
- 50 ml Molasses or 50 g brown sugar
- 900ml of non-chlorinated water
What to do:
1. Dissolve 50 ml molasses/50g brown sugar to 1 liter non-chlorinated water
2. Add 50 ml EM-1 and mix well
3. Cover the container tightly. Keep it at room temperature away from direct sunlight
4. On the 3rd day, loosen the cap to release the gas inside the bottle and tighten again.
5. Start using EMAS in 8th day. It should have sweet-sour smell. Use EMAS within 1 month.