ODW Agricultural and Economic Development Fund
The ODW Agricultural and Economic Development Fund is an issue-specific fund designed to empower communities with the resources needed to increase and stabilize food and economic security, which can consequently and directly improve health and education.
Of the nearly one billion people living in chronic hunger worldwide, 800 million men, women and children living in rural areas depend on agriculture for survival and economic security. By donating to this fund, you will help empower people with the resources and skills needed to farm or pursue other economic activities in local markets for their own family’s well being.
Why Agricultural and Economic Development?
Agricultural development is a proven method of economic growth and reducing global hunger. Quite simply, as agricultural development increases, so does the standard of living. Once a community is able to produce enough food to support itself, other areas of growth can come into focus. Even still, agricultural development is not just about producing food and feeding a community. As an example, it also creates jobs by instilling marketable skills, improving productivity and reducing human trafficking. A reliable agricultural system is essentially part of the foundation where development, growth and opportunity can take place.
Consider the following:
- 1.2 billion people live in extreme poverty (on less than $1.25/day).
- A quarter of those who are considered extremely poor are also landless. (ruralpovertyportal.org)
- In 2010 there were 925 million hungry people in the world, more than the population of the US, Canada, and the entire European Union combined. (worldhunger.org)
- Malnutrition is the underlying cause of death for at least 3.1 million children, accounting for 45% of all deaths among children under the age of five
We Can Make a Difference.
A solution to this issue isn’t always simple, but a collaborative effort must be pursued, particularly to determine sustainability. ODW has partnered with incredible organizations such as Eden, Nuru, AFCA,RAIN, etc. who provide agricultural support to promote regional growth and development.
What Can You Do?
Consider partnering with us as we launch partnerships with small and medium sized NGOs and CBOs whose mission is also to seek economic growth and empowerment through agricultural development. 100% of your donation (minus credit card fees) will go to carefully vetted partnerships and grants.
- Calculate and donate your day’s wages.
- Give up your birthday and start a campaign.
- Start a group campaign for your school, church, company.
- What’s your idea? Start an Idea for a Cause campaign.
- Donate any amount right here.