Cheffins Planning and Development
Cheffins Planning and Development service, backed by the expert resources of our Residential, Commercial and Rural departments, provides a complete service for establishing and exploiting the opportunities which may be available through developing or redeveloping your property assets. Our solutions are realistic and underpinned by valuation and investment advice based on years of practical experience.
Mid-Anglia, is at the heart of a buoyant region and features in the national growth agenda. The East of England is set to accommodate over half a million new homes by 2021 and major infrastructure improvements are already planned. There are proposals to expand London Stansted airport and the East Coast ports. Significant growth will be focussed on Cambridge and its surrounding market towns. Landowners, developers and local authorities all need to work in partnership to deliver this ambitious growth agenda, which presents significant challenges as well as many opportunities.
At Cheffins we have specialists to assist you at all stages in the development process. On your behalf we will :
- monitor the emerging development plans and advise on their implications;
- submit representations to Local Development Documents, seeking to influence policy making for your benefit;
- carry out site and development appraisals bringing planning and commercial skills together to promote viable and realistic schemes;
- advise on effective approaches to securing permission for development;
- prepare development briefs and advocacy documents to promote schemes;
- submit planning applications, with all supporting documents, monitor their progress and negotiate with planning authorities;
- negotiate s106 agreements and advise on the discharge of planning conditions;
- lodge appeals against refusals of planning permission and present cases on your behalf;
- offer advice, and make representations, on proposals by third parties which may affect your property.